Friday, September 29, 2006

Florida

I've actually been thinking about the Sprint team and wondering how they're doing. Who else are you guys keeping in touch with?

So, COAT is good. It's lots more work than I thought, and living in community in Florida is different, but still challenging like Kenya. There is always someone around and it's hard to get time to do anything by yourself. It's good to have Starbucks around (not like Kenya), so I've always got that.

I miss having you guys around me. I find myself having to search for people that know me so I don't have to explain everything to them. By our third week in Kenya, we were pretty much done explaining. I miss that. I know we had rough times, but I learned so much from you guys! I'm still learning from you guys! Have I told you how thankful that I am that you all put up with lots of my junk this summer. I really appreciate all of you!

I've gotten a couple of emails from Val and Faith. They're doing pretty good. If you think about it, pray for Val to meet some Christian friends in Mombosa and Faith's brother is still trying to pay for his schooling for the year (their dad just got remarried and is not paying a whole lot of attention to the kids...he's not sent in the payment for his son, yet). Val also told me that she may go back to school to take French classes or art classes. I know that they would both appreciate your prayers!

Ok, I've gotta get to work. I'll talk to you later!

Love,
Jen

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Hickman said...

Jen, great to hear from ya!

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well, and enjoying COAT.

Enjoy your Starbucks and please keep us posted about where you're goin/what you're doin.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home