Monday, October 02, 2006

Church yesterday

So yesterday I gave a big presentation at church about our trip...showed a ton of pictures and played some of the songs that we played over and over this summer. I had thought that the youth retreat ruined "I'll Fly Away" for me forever. But strangly, playing that and "Blessed be Your Name" (Erin's choice EVERY time) was sort of healing. Sharing our stories, thoughts, and experiences for an extended period of time was great for me. The story of the Land Rover not starting gave everyone chills...as recounting it did me.
Bianca's aim profile reminded me of what Phil said: "No one can experience the same level of emotion that you did, and there is a portion of that experience that will never be communicable." Profound and true words...I found that I simply didn't posess the words to convey the trip's impact on me. Saying what we did and discussing events was easy...I was asked how the trip changed me, and I found myself at a loss for words. ( I know, rare occurance this summer) I was content to let that uncommunicable portion remain a part of me that wasn't shared.
I hadn't talked in detail about the trip in a while, and I found it to be refreshing. Discussing those memories and experiences filled up my heart. Two months after leaving and I can still smell the air, hear the kids, and taste the chai. Thanks, guys, for your friendship, for your exemplary faith, and for being in that uncommunicable portion of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home